MUSTO CHALLENGE

Use this area for general Musto Skiff Chat
justo

MUSTO CHALLENGE

Post by justo »

I have been thinking in a “Musto challenge” for the next months until Medemblik worlds. what is the most challenging on Musto? the jibes.
The challenge: HOW MANY COMPLETE JIBES ARE YOU ABLE TO DO IN 1,30 MIN.
Rules:
1 colplete jibe rake to rake, with genaker with wind and the two foots on the rake.
2 Minimum wind should be 10 knots (enough wind to have the foots on the rake, for the lights sailors)
3 Have to be filmed.

How many do you think is possible to do?

paul manning
So I know you are a real person not a spambot please enter the middle number from the below list (i.e. 3): 3

Re: MUSTO CHALLENGE

Post by paul manning »

Are you allowed to have a support boat carrying a defibrillator :?:

Seems to me that you are going to start the competition.

I expect it is quite difficult as your boat speed drops off and the loads increase but that's what a challenge is :!:
Paul Manning
MSCA Secretary

Phone 0044 (0)7843 269353
Fax 0044 (0)1621 785735
paulsmanning01@gmail.com
http://www.mustoskiff.com

DanV193
So I know you are a real person not a spambot please enter the middle number from the below list (i.e. 3): 5

Post by DanV193 »

Justo,

Excellent idea, I may even have to buy a camera, but camera or no camera I will give it a go next time there is enough wind. I think 15 seconds for a rack to rack gybe could be quite a difficult pace to maintain.

We used to do similar challenges between buoys at Stokes Bay. The biggest challenge was 30 gybes between Browndown (a channel marking buoy about 1 mile out and Stokes Bay).

It was fun, but never sure how good it was as a training exercise as it obviously encouraged 'technique shortcuts'.

Dan
Dan Vincent
GBR 557 "Get Wavey"
Stokes Bay

GER170

Post by GER170 »

Excellent idea!

I have done training before where I gybed in a given Takt time (not overly fast but one after the other) for as long as I would last, very good cardio and technique training too! It also builds your muscles exactly where you need them...
GER495