|FAT HEAD MAIN : TEST UPDATE 19/11/18
The mainsail shown in the photo in the last report is continuing to be tested, including in Australia. The ongoing testing continues to follow the plans as detailed in the original report (http://www.mustoskiff.com/reports-and-n ... pment.html).
Feedback has been given to Hyde’s.
As everyone knows, nothing can be adopted without approval of the class members. Given the current situation, no proposal is likely for at least 12 months and then the vote will not be until at least end 2019, if an acceptable design is found.
As a committee, we feel that it is important that adequate notice and information is given before any change is made, so that:
(i) members will be given information before the decision needs to be made so that everyone has a fair chance to form an opinion based on fact; and
(ii) we can all plan any purchases and changes of sails. Therefore, this will not have any impact for at least 18 months and maybe longer, even if a new design was proposed.
Rest assured that members are completely involved in guiding the class – that is why these projects have started in the first place: in response to members input through the Survey at AGMs etc. Decisions are taken by votes from the members of the class; the committee is member guided through voting.
The 2018 Mast update can be found here >>>
The 2017 Mast update can be found here >>>