Long term Worlds Schedule

Use this area to chat about events past and future
Bruce
So I know you are a real person not a spambot please enter the middle number from the below list (i.e. 3): 5

Re: Long term Worlds Schedule

Postby Bruce » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:57 pm

Dan, you don't have to move to Scotland, just find a private school with better holidays. This one let's you do the nationals this year: http://www.etoncollege.com/DatesOfHalves.aspx
You can always rely on the Musto Skiff fleet for helpful advice. :wink:
Bruce
GBR534

dkilsby
So I know you are a real person not a spambot please enter the middle number from the below list (i.e. 3): 3

Postby dkilsby » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:06 pm

Cheers guys, I knew I could count on you :lol:
GBR 302
Stokes Bay SC

paul manning
So I know you are a real person not a spambot please enter the middle number from the below list (i.e. 3): 3

Postby paul manning » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:02 pm

I'll message Ben to see what his thoughts are
Paul Manning
MSCA Secretary

Phone 0044 (0)7843 269353
Fax 0044 (0)1621 785735
paulsmanning01@gmail.com
http://www.mustoskiff.com

Ben291

Postby Ben291 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:29 pm

Hey guys,

Do we have dates confirmed yet for Largo (Dave?). I guess we'd be looking at August to spread it from the Worlds in June but I'm not sure if the dates are confirmed or if there is any movement. What is the latest you could attend Dan (i.e. school holiday dates?)

Cheers,

Ben

dkilsby

Postby dkilsby » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:58 pm

Hi,

I think that school holidays do vary by a few days around the country but 21th July - 31st August 2016 inclusive are pretty safe bets I'd think.
GBR 302
Stokes Bay SC

campervan

Postby campervan » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:21 pm

Schools in Scotland tend to go back 15-21 August or thereabouts. Not sure how much of a difference it would make to the scots here, I'm not aware of any teachers among the Musto community. May well be though.

Gavryn

Postby Gavryn » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:04 pm

Hi all not been on for a wile but i have to agree with dan with the school holidays because have we ever thought about how many people we might be missing out on by not going in the school holidays as i really wanted to go to garda this time around but cant as I have gone back to college now and the term starts the week before garda.
So its not just the teachers its the students as well and how about the families that would like to come! Is i right to take your children out of school?
I know this is a hard one but we could rotate them so for every 2 champ out of school holidays and 1 in school holidays in a cycle?

Gav
Stokes bay sc

Rick
Site Admin

Postby Rick » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:51 pm

I think we should run a question on this on the survey.

The challenge is as an international class we have higher & further education to consider as well as schools then multiply that by the number of nationals and you have a complex problem.

Combine that with the fact that many people choose to take holidays outside of the school holidays to avoid the crowds and costs ....

I fear we will never be able to please all the people given the range of restrictions of global education and employment practices.

If we ask the questions we will get a view of the issues so thanks for raising ...
Rick Perkins. GBR

DangerBoy

Postby DangerBoy » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:21 pm

Rick wrote:
Combine that with the fact that many people choose to take holidays outside of the school holidays to avoid the crowds and costs ....

That will only apply to people without children of school age, and given 50% of the fleet is that prime I have children age of 30 to 50 that must have an impact
Mark

Rick
Site Admin

Postby Rick » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:12 am

DangerBoy wrote:
Rick wrote:

That will only apply to people without children of school age, and given 50% of the fleet is that prime I have children age of 30 to 50 that must have an impact

Yep; that is a fair comment; lets see what we can get on this subject from the next survey.
Rick Perkins. GBR

paul manning

Postby paul manning » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:02 pm

It would make sense to me.
Paul Manning
MSCA Secretary

Phone 0044 (0)7843 269353
Fax 0044 (0)1621 785735
paulsmanning01@gmail.com
http://www.mustoskiff.com

Return to “International Championships and EuroCups”