GPS Watch

Use this section to ask any questions over current class rules or to make suggestions over new rules that may be worthy of consideration.
Djric
So I know you are a real person not a spambot please enter the middle number from the below list (i.e. 3): 3

GPS Watch

Postby Djric » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:51 am

A question was posted on Facebook - whether a watch with the features shown at Image is allowed under class Rules. This watch's features include distance to line, burn time to line, and upwind tack lift/header information.

This watch cannot be used/worn while racing because these feaures are not included in the permitted list in C.5.1 (1) and (3).

Happy new Year everyone
David Rickard

Rick
Site Admin
So I know you are a real person not a spambot please enter the middle number from the below list (i.e. 3): 3

Re: GPS Watch

Postby Rick » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:41 pm

David,

These types of watch are becoming more common with some people choosing to wear a watch like this on a daily basis?

Should the rule evolve to permit these types of device?

I can't see how anyone could be looking at burn time as they sail towards the start line; there is too much going on on a Musto to do that ... I can see these being useful oh crewed boats and keelboats but it wouldn't bother me if people used this type of watch.
Rick Perkins. GBR

Return to “Class Rules”