Start time is 1pm
Eastbourne Sovereign Sailing Club
RS800, Musto Skiff & B14 Open
1st & 2nd July 2017
NOTICE OF RACE
1. Organizing Authority: The organizing authority is Eastbourne Sovereign Sailing Club
2. Rules: Racing will take place under the Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS) 2017-2020, the appropriate class rules, and the
sailing instructions of the event.
3. Registration: Registration will be from 09:00 on Saturday 1
st July in the clubhouse. Sailing Instructions and course
information will be available at registration.
4. Briefing: There will be a briefing for all competitors at 11:30 on Saturday 1
5. Schedule of Races:
1st race start time: 13:00 Saturday
2nd and 3rd race back-to back with race 1
4th race start time: 10:30 Sunday
5th and 6th race back-to back with race 4
6. Courses: All Fleets will sail a windward/leeward course, with a spreader mark at the windward end. All boats will
round to port as per the course map. The number of laps will be displayed on the committee boat. When finishing, all
boats will round the leeward mark and pass through between the committee boat and the yellow finishing pillar
7. Scoring: The Low point scoring system will be used and ties will be broken in accordance with RRS, Appendix A.8.
A discard will be allowed if four or more races are sailed.
8. Fees: The entry fees per boat are: Double Handed Boats £40, Single Handed Boats £30. Single day entries are
welcome and receive a 50% discount to the applicable fee.
9. Prize giving: The prize giving will be held as soon as possible after the last race of the series.
10. Disclaimer of Liability: A boat is entirely responsible for her own safety, whether afloat or ashore, nothing,
whether in the Notice of Race or Sailing Instructions or anywhere else, reduces this responsibility.
It is for the boat to decide whether she is fit to sail in the conditions in which she will find herself. By launching or
going to sea, the boat confirms that she is fit for those conditions and her crew is competent to sail and compete in
Nothing done by the organisers can reduce the responsibility of the boat nor will it make the organisers responsible
for any loss, damage, death or personal injury, however it may have occurred, as a result of the boat taking part in
the racing. The organisers encompass everyone helping to run the race and the event, and include the organising
authority, the race committee, the race officer, patrol boats and beach masters.
The provision of patrol boats does not relieve the boat of her responsibilities.
11. Insurance: Competitors are required to hold third party insurance for racing of at least £2,000,000.
12. Safety Regulations: Life-jackets or other adequate personal buoyancy shall be worn by all competitors at all times
whilst afloat. Wet suits and dry suits are not adequate personal buoyancy.
13. Catering: Hot and cold food will be available all day from the galley. An evening meal on Saturday 1
st July is
available, to be ordered when registering.
14. Accommodation: Please see our website: http://www.sailing-at-eastbourne.co.uk
British dedicated forum for local issues
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests