Mast UV damage?

If you are interested in joining the class and have questions post them here
skiffboy
So I know you are a real person not a spambot please enter the middle number from the below list (i.e. 3): 3

Re: Mast UV damage?

Postby skiffboy » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:40 pm

Looking nice!
The polar-bear pubes are a 3M product, though I've seen some discussion on the price of this rising and Ovi's changing to a new product. No idea what the new one is though.

Progrip is a retail name for EVA foam. Often can be found in pool supply stores or also rubber/foam outlets. Substantially cheaper than marine suppliers for a sheet of 3mm thick. Simply cut to the desired size and bond using contact adhesive.

set321go
So I know you are a real person not a spambot please enter the middle number from the below list (i.e. 3): 3

Postby set321go » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:44 pm

So my original post disappeared, anyway.

I am having trouble getting the template for the vang modifications to be the right size as my vang arm. So far adobe and my printer are working against me to allways make it a little bit different.

Can someone give me the actual measurements so I can work out which template is the right size!

Can you provide measurements from centre of the left hole to the two holes that need to be cut.
Can you provide the distance from the centre of the left hole to the cut line (perpendicular)

thanks

Rick
Site Admin

Postby Rick » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:01 pm

set321go wrote:So my original post disappeared, anyway.

Sorry - server crash - last viable back up used.
Rick Perkins. GBR

set321go

Postby set321go » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:48 pm

Still waiting for parts from ovington, they were posted 2 weeks ago, I guess its coming surface mail
:(

Anyone got any measurements for that bracket?

paul manning

Postby paul manning » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:43 pm

I'll see if I can get those dimensions for you this weekend :D
Paul Manning
MSCA Secretary

Phone 0044 (0)7843 269353
Fax 0044 (0)1621 785735
paulsmanning01@gmail.com
http://www.mustoskiff.com

set321go

Postby set321go » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:46 am

parts arrived on friday :) one of the templates i had was the same size as the bracket although it didn't match the vang arm very well. Anyways first sail on sunday :D was a dream upwind compared to the rs600, was about 10 - 12 not quite enough for me to get out fully (100kg). Went well until i dropped the kite and got it wrapped around the forestay.

Return to “Interested in a Musto Skiff?”