how many skiffs at datchet sailing club

If you are interested in joining the class and have questions post them here
bristollad
So I know you are a real person not a spambot please enter the middle number from the below list (i.e. 3): 3

how many skiffs at datchet sailing club

Postby bristollad » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:46 pm

Hi guys

its most likely been ask before but was wondering how many musto skiff sail on a regular basis at datchet as i am thinking of joining but as its 1hr 30 mins from my home just making sure a few are there already

cheers
jay

PaulM

Re: how many skiffs at datchet sailing club

Postby PaulM » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:32 pm

Jay,

We have about 9 boats that sail regularly, and I believe a few more people are looking to join. We generally just email round to check each others plans etc, and in general on the weekend you will find at least 3 or 4 boats on the water.

Ian I think travels about the same distance so it must be worth it!

Come on over and join "Team Datchet"

Paul
Paul Molesworth
GBR582

bristollad
So I know you are a real person not a spambot please enter the middle number from the below list (i.e. 3): 3

Postby bristollad » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:16 am

excellent
well i will send off an enquire form of then :D

i know theres me and mark aka dangerboy off of here too who wants to join

Paul Clements

Postby Paul Clements » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:51 pm

I strongly advise you come down to chew valley lake first. There is sailing tonight (wed). Practice at chew a few times then go to Datchet if you wish. You will receive lots of advice and genuine help from the Musto guys at Chew. Visitors welcome and shortcut to membership likely. There are about 10 competent MPS sailors at chew, alas not all now sailing MPS but full of experience to pass on to you. Easy launch and recovery etc etc.

DangerBoy

Postby DangerBoy » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:12 pm

PaulM wrote:Jay,

and I believe a few more people are looking to join.

Paul

I am more than thinking and post summer holidays I wil be moving down the M4 from Burghfield (its a little too intensive for boat handling)....not sure i'll be ready for Team Datchet though...perhaps the 3rd team :roll:
Mark

bristollad

Postby bristollad » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:23 pm

Paul Clements wrote:I strongly advise you come down to chew valley lake first. There is sailing tonight (wed). Practice at chew a few times then go to Datchet if you wish. You will receive lots of advice and genuine help from the Musto guys at Chew. Visitors welcome and shortcut to membership likely. There are about 10 competent MPS sailors at chew, alas not all now sailing MPS but full of experience to pass on to you. Easy launch and recovery etc etc.

Hi Paul

I did think about it but I was told there were hardly any skiffs sailing there now so I would have been in the same situation if I was to stay at bcyc and belive it or not it will only take me an extra 15-20 mins to get to datchet .

bristollad

Postby bristollad » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:24 pm

DangerBoy wrote:
PaulM wrote:Jay,

and I believe a few more people are looking to join.

Paul

I am more than thinking and post summer holidays I wil be moving down the M4 from Burghfield (its a little too intensive for boat handling)....not sure i'll be ready for Team Datchet though...perhaps the 3rd team :roll:

Yea add me to that 3rd team or shall we call it the reserves lol

Return to “Interested in a Musto Skiff?”