Off shore sailing record on a Musto Skiff

Use this area for general Musto Skiff Chat
WLF Sailing Team
So I know you are a real person not a spambot please enter the middle number from the below list (i.e. 3): 3

Off shore sailing record on a Musto Skiff

Postby WLF Sailing Team » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:45 pm

Hi everybody!
I'm an Italian Musto Skiff sailor, never done regattas with this boat yet, I use to keep my Musto Skiff on beach side just for enjoy sailing while my kids are playing on the beach..
I have a plan for this summer, I will attempt the record of Portofino/Giraglia/Portofino (about 155 miles). This path has already been travelled other times, two crew did the record already (Vittorio Malingri, one of the most famous Italian ocean sailor and Ambrogio Beccaria, still a strong ocean sailor and which holds actually the record), both of them did it on a cat crewed by 2 people, I will attempt alone on a monohull, so the record is still vacant..

I need to know certain things before to do this, maybe someone will help me with good suggestions ..I hope ;)
- Does anybody did a course such long?
- I'm planning to add a reef on the mainsail, does anybody did it before? Which is the balance of the boat?

However, I will do it in total safety, I will bring with me my own PLB, the boat will be equipped by a YellowBrick beacon and a support boat will accompany me along the course, just for safety reason and for the timekeeper.
Thanks to help me with suggestions..
Fair winds!
Francesco

paul manning
So I know you are a real person not a spambot please enter the middle number from the below list (i.e. 3): 3

Re: Off shore sailing record on a Musto Skiff

Postby paul manning » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:47 pm

Hi Francesco

I'm don't know of anyone who has sailed anything like this distance in a Musto Skiff.

I also don't know of anyone who has added a reef in the sail, but a sailmaker may be able to help.
Paul Manning
MSCA Secretary

Phone 0044 (0)7843 269353
Fax 0044 (0)1621 785735
paulsmanning01@gmail.com
http://www.mustoskiff.com

WLF Sailing Team

Re: Off shore sailing record on a Musto Skiff

Postby WLF Sailing Team » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:27 am

Thanks Paul, let's see if anyone else will have good news for me ;)

Return to “General Discussion and banter ...”