Broken mast repair help

Use this area for general Musto Skiff Chat
ericrayl
So I know you are a real person not a spambot please enter the middle number from the below list (i.e. 3): 3

Broken mast repair help

Postby ericrayl » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:10 am

A friend had his boat blow over in a windstorm, the mast broke at the sleeve. This is an early boat, #98 or close to it. Is the sleeve removable, or bonded in? Is it available to purchase? One of the spreaders broke as well, but that fix is straightforward.

Thanks!
Eric Rayl

paul manning
So I know you are a real person not a spambot please enter the middle number from the below list (i.e. 3): 3

Re: Broken mast repair help

Postby paul manning » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:36 pm

Hi Eric

There are two join sleeves.

One is the join between the lower tube and middle tube (at the spreaders) and the other sleeve is where the taper joins at the forestay and shrouds.

Once you know this, you need to mail Ovington Boats and they will be able to help.
Paul Manning
MSCA Secretary

Phone 0044 (0)7843 269353
Fax 0044 (0)1621 785735
paulsmanning01@gmail.com
http://www.mustoskiff.com

johnr

Re: Broken mast repair help

Postby johnr » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:08 pm

ericrayl wrote:A friend had his boat blow over in a windstorm, the mast broke at the sleeve. This is an early boat, #98 or close to it. Is the sleeve removable, or bonded in? Is it available to purchase? One of the spreaders broke as well, but that fix is straightforward.

Thanks!
Eric Rayl

I have a top section I am looking to sell on. Get back to me if this is something that would interest you.

Cheers John

Return to “General Discussion and banter ...”